Baja Big Air is a physics based side scroll racer and the official game of SCORE International's Baja Desert Race Series.
It was developed by a team of 9 developers across 5 months.
As lead designer on this game my responsibilities included:
- Wrote and maintained a game design document outlining the core features and mechanics
- Led team-wide build reviews for internal milestones
- Created a lightweight narrative structure to give purpose to the games level structure
- Centered the single player campaign around the Baja 1000 race
- Wrote all dialogue for each character encountered throughout the game
- Worked with a design contractor to create 106 unique game levels.
- Level duration ranges from 20 to 80 seconds
- Recorded ghost data to be used as race opponents across each game level
- Designed monetization structure
- Designed update content for end game players
Other miscellaneous tasks done include:
- Wrote various editor tools for use within the project
- Assisted with various gameplay & UI programming tasks
- Assisted with various bug fixing & feature implementation
- Created and implemented localization system for EFIGS languages